Blog Archive

Our goal with this blog is to explore the many different works of Keats. By using many examples from his writings, we will be able to analyze and develop an appreciation for John Keats, his poems, short stories and the art inspired through him.

04 January, 2011

The moon is mourning beside me

You had to leave this morning, and would be miles away come the next moon.  Shattered into pieces throughout the afternoon.  I must not succumb to my mourning, for you will return in one year, come fall and overall, there will be no death.
I will survive, and you will survive death.  The sun will rise for us every morning, For love like this, can have no fall.  We are drawn to each, like the tide to the moon.  Though i still feel myself mourning the tears will be dried come afternoon.
I traced our steps to the beach last afternoon, the plants were surrounded in death, This season only emphasizes my mourning, for i know i will shiver alone in the morning.  The clouds blanket the sky, and i cant see our moon. I can only survive because you will return next fall.
Now it is five months until the Fall.  I am smiling this afternoon, tonight will be our favorite, a full moon.  There will be no thought of death.  The birds will wake me in the morining, and there will be no room for mourning.
Right now my heart has no trace of mourning, for it is two months 'til Fall.  There will be two cups of coffee every morning, Two sandwiches every afternoon. We will both have bypassed a lonely death, and will sleep together under every moon. 
Last night there was no moon. I am unable to conceal this mourning. You were supposed to to escape death. Return this fall.  The message was delivered yesterday afternoon. I will forever wake alone every morning.
My mourning has become a part of me, I carry your death on my shoulder as I walk under the moon.  I go home and dream of you returning that Fall, walking to me in the warm light of the afternoon.  The images and blurred memories of your face disappear as the night turns to morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment